Monday, July 24, 2006

Prenatal Visit, Week 39

The rain stopped. Sigh.

This morning, we had our Week 39 visit. The kid's head is way down (so maybe it's dropped although I certainly couldn't say that it had). Everything's good: blood pressure, glucose, protein, weight, fetal heartrate (120 to 130, which seems slow to me), and fundal height (38 cm).

We talked about having a pelvic exam next week, which we may or may not do, depending if I want to. I'm still undecided. We talked a bit about labor. I am still in, "Well, let's labor at home for as long as possible then go in and do whatever works," mode. They'd like me to do kick counts, which means that I have to make sure the kid moves 10 times within one hour each day. That will be right after the ice cream hour. The kid's so active that I'm not concerned.

My pinkies being numb is just inflammation caused by the excessive amount of fluids I have right now and is normal. It should go away once the pregnancy's over.

Past 40 weeks, we start having to have non-stress tests and whatnot, so next week we'll have to start talking about natural methods of inducing, which I really don't want to do. I'm still pretty sure the kid will pick the right day.