Friday, July 28, 2006

Don't call us, but labor has started. But don't call us.

Don't call us. But my water broke. (This is only getting blogged because my PC was still on while the Search For Waterproofing the Bed Materials is going on.) Don't call us if you're one of the crazies who is still awake. Don't call us if you want to know if we went to the birth center. I've talked to the midwife on duty and since I'm not having contractions I can't speak through yet, I'm not going to the birth center yet. I've got an appointment at 11AM if I don't show up earlier than that.

So (don't call us) we're going to try and go back to sleep. Don't call us.

If you're pregnant or considering being pregnant, a waterproof mattress pad might not be a bad investment once you reach the "water might break" stage.

And I think it's pretty damn funny that my water broke some time after midnight on the kid's due date. This kid may be one of the few who shows up on its due date, but we'll see.