Friday, July 21, 2006

Swimming is great!

After work yesterday, I went swimming. The pool is not very deep at all (5 feet in the deep end) but it is fabulous. I had it all to myself. Getting in was a little strange because my center of gravity is off. Doing the breaststroke while pregnant is difficult. Floating on my back was great, but I made sure to spend an equal amount of time with my belly down so the kid had the opportunity to float free of my pelvis. (Having the kid float free of the pelvis is supposed to be good for labor and positioning, yadda yadda, plus the kid's big enough now not to somersault into breech, at least we hope so.)

Getting out was the shocker. Stepping out of the water, the kid suddenly felt quite heavy, boom.

I think I'll be going swimming again. Today: I get my hair cut. We're getting to the last of my scheduled appointments pre-kid.